Esthetics Program Admission Requirements
The minimum requirements for admission are that the applicant must:
• be at least 18 years of age
• have a high school diploma or GED
• hold a current certifcate in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and First Aid; if the certificate is due to expire before the applicant's scheduled date of graduation from the Health Works program, the applicant will need to renew the certificate before it expires
• have received a minimum of one skin care treatment of at least one hour in length from a professional esthetician or cosmetologist in a professional setting (spa, salon, etc.) within one year of the date of applying for admission, and prior to the admissions interview
• be physically capable of performing and receiving skin care treatments
• inform the school Director if he/she has any communicable disease that is likely to be spread in the school or clinic setting.
• agree to fully comply with student standards of conduct, expectations and all school policies and procedures
• agree with professional and ethical standards of practice
• not have been convicted of a sex crime and/or other violent crime
• have a clear and specific financial plan demonstrating how the applicant will meet his/her financial obligations to the school
• have a plan for managing the demands of the program along with family, work, and other obligations
• have a genuine interest in personal health and wellness
• have a sincere desire to become an esthetician.